More than 300 days of sunshine a year, exceptional quality of life, beautiful beaches, and a low cost of living combined with buyer incentives and a thriving property market make Portugal an enchanting place to invest and retire.
Non Habitual Resident Tax Regime (NHR)
It presents an array of fiscal advantages, with tax exemptions or extremely reduced taxes for residents under the regime, making it possible to receive most foreign income without attracting Portuguese tax for 10 years. Also:
- Tax exempt from foreign sourced dividends, interests, real estate and pension.
- No wealth, gifts or inheritance taxes.
- Flat income tax rate of 20% for those employed in Portugal in one of the pre-defined ‘high-value’ professions.
Portugal Golden Visa Program
What are the advantages of the Golden Visa? Created in 2012, the program allows foreign investors from non-EU countries to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal and to apply for Portuguese citizenship after five years, among other benefits such as:
- Enter Portugal without a special visa
- Live and work in Portugal
- Bring your family with you
- Apply for permanent residency and/or Portuguese citizenship after five years
- Access the Portuguese healthcare and education system (on the same basis as Portuguese citizens)
- Travel freely in the entire Schengen Area
- Portugal is ranked #56 among the 180 countries that comprise the 2020 Index of Economic Freedom and stands at #34 on the list of 141 countries that make up the 2019 World Economic Forum’s Competitiveness Report. Why? Because, among the many benefits for foreign investors, as it follows, Portugal is a great place to live.
High Quality Lifestyle
- Beautiful, diverse natural scenery
- Cosmopolitan cities with cultural attractions and a high standard of restaurants, bars, nightlife and hotels
- Very high level international and local schools
- Excellent healthcare system
- One of the safest countries in the world
- International expat network
- Healthy work life balance
- Multitude of indoor and outdoor hobbies and pursuits to suit all individuals and families
This proves that Aveiro is the Venice of Portugal
Aveiro is a city in central Portugal. It is considered one of the biggest tourist spots in the center of the country, and this is especially true because it is known as the Venice of Portugal. This nickname is given especially by the various navigation channels around...
The new housing program – clarification in regards of the golden visa program
On the 16th of February, the Prime Minister of Portugal, António costa, launched a document called “Mais Habitação that affected the real estate sector.
Housing Data Sheet: what it is and when it is needed
The Housing Data Sheet is one of the mandatory documents when buying a house, and could be a problem in the process if things are not as they are supposed to be.
Why is living in Portugal the best choice?
Living in Portugal is the most secure bet someone can make. When making a life shift, you must evaluate the cost of living, as well as the health and safety conditions of the new location. However, living a high-quality life can be very expensive. When moving abroad,...
Portugal is among the 6 most powerful passports in the world
The latest report “Henley Passport Index 2023 rankings” places Portugal alongside countries such as France, Ireland and United Kingdom.
Comporta: Beaches that are true “hidden gems” in Portugal
Unlike anywhere you’ve been before, Comporta is one of the most prestigious beaches in Europe.
Portugal Digital Nomad Visa: A guide to the best destinations and workplaces
In this article we are going to cover the most popular destinations for Digital Nomads in Portugal and excellent places to work remotely while residing in Portugal.
Lisbon: Christmas Markets & Spots
Lisbon: Christmas Markets & Spots It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas 🎄💫 In the main points of the city of Lisbon and the region, the streets and squares are already decorated so that people can enjoy the city and enjoy the energy and joy of this time. We...
Portugal Digital Nomad Visa
From 30 October 2022, the Portugal Digital Nomad Visa allows individuals to live and work in the country. If you would like to live and work in sunny Portugal, maybe this visa is right for you.
10 hidden gems – places – that you need to visit in Portugal
A typical Portuguese itinerary always includes the top known spots that we are all familiar with, such as Lisbon, Porto, and, often, the Algarve. However, as in all countries, there are always those lesser-known destinations and here we reveal 10 precious gems for you.
Portugal is in the top 3 of the best, safe and peaceful countries in the world.
Occupying the third place in the ranking of the most peaceful countries, behind only Iceland and New Zealand on the list of the safest countries in 2022*. Is ranked far higher than neighboring countries such as Spain and France. It goes without saying that Portugal has the lowest crime rate in all of Europe and a stable political and economic environment for several years.
Ahhh do we need to mention the wonderful climate? Which in addition to safety is an important decision factor when choosing a specific country to buy a home. After all, you want to be able to enjoy your life in the place of your dreams. Here, the sun shines around 3,000 hours a year and the warm sea breeze from the Atlantic Ocean is always a pleasant gift.
On top of this also comes the diverse gastronomy our country has to offer, which matches with the best Michelin star restaurants in Cosmopolitan cities all over the world.